Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TBF's Student Angler Federation - The Future of our Sport

Outlaw Angler, Ben Cayer, tells us a little about the TBF's Student Angler Federation..

The future of bass fishing depends on the youths and there are many organizations that are doing their best to make sure that our sport lives on. 

The TBF recently developed the Student Angler Federation a program that links high school fishing clubs together and provides knowledge and fishing experience to students all over. This is a great opportunity to give younger anglers, who may not have had the chance otherwise, a chance to fish competitive bass tournaments.

I got my start fishing tournaments in a small junior club here in Vermont. I now run that club and I feel that I am doing my part to keep the sport growing. The group of kids that fish in the club now are getting a big start on their fishing careers and most of the time they are bringing in bags that are as nice as ones that some pros would catch. 

I am really looking forward to the upcoming season; it is going to be great!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment