Sunday, April 10, 2011

Don't Question Your Angling Abilities - Just Do It

Outlaw Angler, Adrian Avena, talks about how to power-through when your abilities as an angler are in question.  Great info, Adrian!

In 2009 after I just fished my first BASS Northern Open on Lake Champlain, I decided on my drive home that I wanted more. I finished that tournament 132 out of 181 anglers, but that didn’t faze me. I was told I was not ready, but being a stubborn and driven teenager I did not listen. When you have a love for a sport you want to succeed and those people saying I was not ready only fueled my engine to become better.

The very next year I fished all three BASS Northern Opens, cashed two checks, and finished up the season 19th in points.  My advice for anyone who wants to take their fishing to the next level is DO IT!  It may be an expensive learning experience, but I believe it is well worth it;  The amount you learn in one event will benefit your fishing abilities tremendously.  If you have any questions at all you can post them here, on my Facebook page and I will answer them ASAP.

Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment